A FloBed Customer Shares there Latex Mattress Story
Finding a new mattress can be an arduous task. We all know the drill- you enter a mattress store, work with a pushy salesman and leave with a mattress you don’t want.
Here at FloBeds we like to do things a little differently. We educate customers about our latex mattresses, find the one that fits them best, guarantee a 100-night test rest and work with them to make any changes they may need.
Over the next few weeks, we will release videos about one customer’s experience with FloBeds. Many customers call into our shop or stop by and have similar stories to the one Lea Laase’s is sharing in the video below:
What you can do in the bedroom to sleep better
Here are some pointers on how the right bedroom setup can help you sleep better. Check these tips off your list and your will be on your way to dreamland in no time.
- A custom mattress: Many people sleep on mattresses that are too firm or too soft. FloBeds can be customized, so your mattress can fit your body and sleeping habits just right. Our latex mattresses are extremely supportive and the layers in the mattresses can be switched around to achieve different firmnesses.
- The right height frame: Make sure it isn’t too difficult to get in and out of bed because of your bed frame height. Even the rules of Funghi suggest you pay attention to the height of your frame. FloBeds offers various height legs so you can find the best one that fit your needs.
- The right sleep temperature: Research shows that your bedroom should be between 60-67 degrees Fahrenheit. Invest in a smart thermostat to make sure your room is the right temperature.
- The right humidity: “Extreme weather conditions impact our mood, our health, and can even our sleep. When the air has a high humidity concentration, we feel hot and sweaty – which means uncomfortable sleep. When the air is too dry, on the other end, our skin, eye and nasal passages dry out which is also uncomfortable.”-Huff Post According to the National Sleep Foundation your room should always be at 50% humidity.
FloBeds creates a mattress that’s better for pregnant women, while sleeping on their side.
“We received our latex bed in early October due to a recommendation of a friend. About two weeks later, we were lucky enough to find out our second kid is on the way come June 8. My wife spent her first pregnancy on a 15 year old mattress and didn’t sleep well. This pregnancy she is sleeping better and more soundly, even with our 3 year old daughter in the bed with us. It is amazing how less movement transfer there is between sides of the bed and the latex support is “awesome” for the wife. We’re looking forward to the next 20 years of sound sleeping. I’m so enamored that when the kids get old enough I might need to buy them latex beds themselves.” –KENT D WEDEMEYER
FloBeds Talalay latex mattresses are great for women who are pregnant because they are adjustable . As a mother progresses through each trimester, she can switch around the layers on her side of the mattress. This will ensure that she gets the support she needs throughout her pregnancy.
A latex mattress fit for a king. We combine Natural Latex, with horse hair, and coconut fiber.
Big & Tall Performance Organic Mattresses
Our Organic Big & Tall Performance Latex Mattresses feature premium 100% Natural Talalay latex inside a luxurious organic euro knit cotton quilted to organic wool. Our multi-layer latex cores accommodate the firmness needs of each individual sleeper by allowing each of you to choose your own firmness combinations. The Big & Tall Performance Latex Mattress adds an organic sateen encased wool over horsehair layer on top for the ultimate in sleeping cool.
Build the firmness (and softness) for each side.
Organic Natural Big & Tall vZone– 16 inches of Top-to-Bottom, Side-to-Side and Head-to-Toe adjustable zoning for relief at hips and shoulders plus lumbar support.
Another 5 Star Review: Creating Balance
I have been waiting to write to you about the bed I bought back in October 2015. I wanted to make sure it wasn’t a fluke. First, Dewey was great walking me through and helping me pick the layers to best suit my sleeping needs. Second, being a single woman I was amazed at the ease of getting the bed delivered to my front door, me getting the sections upstairs, and assembling it in the bedroom. Third, and most incredible–I am so comfortable! I sleep soundly all night! I am in love with my FloBed! It has exceeded my expectations, my back no longer hurts or aches. I am so happy and grateful.
Quiet Mind for A Good Night
Meditation is a great solution to getting a racing mind to slow down at bedtime. Although meditation is great at any point during the day, it is great for fighting fatigue and insomnia. Meditation is the practice of quieting the voice in your head and this, “creates physiological changes that are similar to those that happen in your body during the early phases of sleep.” There are guided meditations that would really help during this process. Take a look at the app Headspace to get started with guided meditation. Quiet your mind, relax, and fall asleep faster with meditation.
A chemical free sleeping environment, recommended for you and your loved ones. You spend a third of your life in bed, make it non-toxic.
Do you know what your child is sleeping on? Well if your child is sleeping on a FloBeds Kids Beds: Crib Mattress – Student Mattress here is what you can expect:
Your child is sleeping on
- Organic Cotton where it counts most…next to your body. You spend all day in a harsh world. Retreat to a natural bed covered with organic cotton for a true safe haven. Cotton, the original sustainable fabric, grown and processed without chemicals.
- You can be confident that the wool in our luxurious mattress cover is chemical free. NO chemicals or acids are used in the production or processing of organic wool. The sheep are not dipped or treated with any pesticides or herbicides.
- Natural Latex is naturally hypo-allergenic, anti-microbial (Bacteria, mold and mildew cannot live in latex) and dust mite resistant (tests prove latex is 3 times more resistant to dust mites than a traditional mattress) making it the perfect mattress material for allergy sufferers or anyone interested in breathing fresh, clean air while they sleep.
When you want to make sure your baby is sleeping on pure nature: Organic Cotton quilted to Organic Wool surrounding 100% Natural Latex. Our Student Mattress is the ultimate in good stewardship. Good for your student…good for our environment!
Here’s when Mackenzie grew out of her custom Moses basket FloBed, and had to move into her FloBed Crib mattress!
Jump Start your day, by becoming a morning person. Good sleep required.
Here are three simple changes you can make in your life to become a morning person:
15 Minute Bed Time Move
Try to set your alarm for 15 minutes earlier every day until you reach your desired wake-up time.
Dim the Lights at Night
“Once upon a time, people knew that it was time to go to sleep simply because the sun went down.” Your body needs natural sleep signals to understand it is bedtime and light disrupt those signals. All lights should be off 1 hour before bedtime.
Let the Natural Light Shine
As the lights go down melatonin goes up, which causes a sleepy feeling. As the lights turn on melatonin goes down, so you will feel less sleepy. Let the sunrise bring up your melatonin levels and wake naturally.
16 Years Later and Still a 5 Star Review
We tell our customers that latex lasts much longer than the other foams out there. That is why we have such a great 20-year guarantee, the Goldilocks Guarantee. FloBeds want to make sure your bed is always “Just Right”, whether it is 18 months after your purchase or 16 years! We make mattresses that are made to last. Nancy Barry-Jansson has had her mattress for 16 years and here is what she has to say:
5 Star Review
“Read the 2nd of my 2 reviews on the FloBed site, under “Customer Service Reviews” that I wrote after we’d had the bed 18 months. It’s now been 16 YEARS and the bed is seriously *still* as comfortable as when we got it! This is a great investment in your sleep and physical well-being!
The only downside, as I said before, “It’s such a wonderful bed that when we go on vacation we can’t wait to get back home to our wonderful comfy bed!! We wish all the hotels and B&Bs knew about your fabulous mattresses.” <—Hasn’t changed in 16yrs! Thank you, FloBeds. I look forward to buying more for the guest rooms and referring people your way. ;-)”