Slat Conversion for Platform
Our Latex Mattresses can be used on any true and sturdy surface:
boxspring, platform or slats.
- Boxspring — If you have a newer (less than 3 years old) good quality box spring, it should work fine. You can test by removing your mattress and laying directly on the box springs.
- Platform — A platform can provide even support. Caution must be taken to avoid an environment that will create the conditions for condensation. Like a window pane in winter, a cooler platform can collect moisture from the air as you warm your mattress through the night. Condensation is likely to lead to mold. We *strongly* recommend using a Slat Conversion on top of your platform to maximize air flow and avoid condensation.
- Slats — FloBeds offers three slat foundations (follow this link to find our more about our Slat Foundations.)
- Good: Pine Slat foundation
- Better: Fir Slat foundation
- Best: Euro Slat foundation
- all three styles are available in a low profile design (see Low Profile Euro Slat below)
Simple Pine Slat Conversion
|Provide adequate air flow around your mattress. Slat conversion for platform will do that for you.|
Matching Fabric Covered Pine Slat Conversion
Covered slat conversion come in 6 pieces, making it easy place.
Predrilled with screws to attach to platform.
Covered Slat Conversion still allows air to flow… but matches mattress.
Added Trim to Platform Conversion
Low Profile Euro Slats
3-1/2 inch high Low Profile Euro Slat can be used in traditional bedstead, metal bedframe, our glide leg system, or on a platform.