Customers often ask where the “Flo” in FloBeds comes from. Well, Dave Turner started FloCare many years ago. FloCare sold waterbeds, or flotation sleep systems. Although we have moved to latex only mattresses we kept our name FloBeds.
Here are 3 reasons you should hop off the couch and jump back in your bed:
1. Your couch does not support your body. On your mattress, you can sleep in whatever position you prefer. That means you are more likely to rest in proper natural alignment. A soft and narrow couch will not provide the correct alignment.
2. Your couch will conduct heat differently than your mattress. The FloBeds mattress is made with airflow in mind. Your couch is made with different materials, that is why you may feel too warm or too cool while sleeping on it.
3. The TV in front of your couch will keep you from getting rest. Sleeping on the couch makes it easier to fall into the trap of missing your bedtime because of TV binge watching. In addition, the blue light that the TV emits makes it is harder to fall asleep if you watch TV too close to bedtime.
Happy Friday! Here is our fun fact for this Friday:
In 2010 FloBeds made a record-setting dog bed of the same all-natural materials we use in our organic natural latex mattresses. That means it was not only the world’s biggest dog bed, but the most comfortable and most eco-friendly!
• Pure organic Plein-Air Wool® fiber used in bedding materials promotes maximum air-flow around your body, and provides natural moisture- wicking to help you sleep cool and dry.
• NO chemicals or acids are used in the production or processing of organic wool. The sheep are not dipped or treated with any pesticides or herbicides.
• The organic wool fleece used in our mattress covers is washed with pure fresh water and baking soda – no additives – preserving the natural lanolin content and a skin friendly pH value of 7.5.
• Organic wool also provides chemical-free fire resistance!
• Wool’s natural absorbency offers another distinct advantage. Because of its extraordinary ability to hold moisture, wool fiber is inherently flame-resistant.
We love getting Yelp Reviews. Here is what the most recent Yelper said:
“Best mattresses EVER! After trying out about 5 different kinds of beds and manufacturers, I will always buy another FloBed. It just doesn’t get any more comfortable or custom than this. Prompt delivery and easy to put together. I downsized from a king FloBed recently to a queen FloBed and love it just as much. The king was still in great shape after 12-15 years, I just needed a smaller bed for my place. Don’t even bother with other companies. FloBeds stands by their workmanship and are the most customizable that I’ve found. They have a terrific replacement policy once you buy from them…as your needs change, you can upgrade parts of your mattress for very little money. Ask about this “Goldie Locks” program. Plus, you will never feel your partner flop around. Back problems are all resolved…even with a serious spinal compression fracture. I healed using this bed and will always maintain good back health on this bed. I have the original FloBed.”
No matter how you are celebrating the 4th of July, we hope you have a great day!
We will be enjoying the World’s Largest Salmon BBQ up here in Fort Bragg again. “Join the fun at this annual event, sponsored by the Salmon Restoration Association to raise money to take positive action to restore salmon to our rivers and streams. Great food, live music and a love of the outdoors are all part of the atmosphere at the barbeque.”(Celebrate July 4th in Mendocino) Have a great weekend!
Did you know that some of the most creative people in history did not follow the average sleep pattern?
But did they have a quality latex mattress?
Have you ever stoped to think what your ideal day would look like? People are different, so do not force yourself to adhear to the typical daily routine. If you work a 9-5 job you will have to work around those times but you can still figure out what works best for you.
Important to keep in mind:
-Don’t forget to take breaks when you work
-Step out side for some fresh air
We tell customers every day- one size does not fit all. Make sure you get a mattress that fits your body. Here is what one customer had to say about his ability to have options:
“I ordered a queen all latex mattress and fir-slat foundation from Flobeds, and received it this week. Customer service was outstanding. After having some questions answered on the phone, the packages showed up on time and well-packed. Assembly was not difficult, and I was pleased with the quality of workmanship in the foundation, latex, and cover. The latex has a very unique feel, very different from our past spring mattresses. The feel of the bed is difficult to describe; if you haven’t slept on a good latex bed before, you’ll have to experience it for yourself. The latex is very supportive, yet soft enough to feel VERY comfortable. “Pressure points” and poor support are clearly NOT problems with this mattress. I was tired of feuding with my wife over whether to have a firm or soft mattress. Flobeds bypassed that whole issue with its ability to custom make each side of the bed to our preferences (this was the biggest factor in our choosing Flobeds). The transition from side to side is very subtle, so you don’t abruptly “drop off” from the firm to soft side. It is also good to have the option of switching the firmness at any point. Thank you for making a quality product. It is nice to get a good night’s rest! By the way, your website was nicely designed and informative (I liked the sheep!).”
Sincerely, Keith and Tammy of Virginia
We recently received an email from our customer Pat saying, “…seeing how quickly our second Flobed was assembled.” In these photos, you see Pat setting up our Pine Slat Foundation and Deluxe Mattress. Watch how easy it was for Pat:
Great job Pat! Thanks for continuing to depend on FloBeds for a better night’s sleep.
Insufficient sleep will slow down your metabolism. In addition, not getting enough sleep will cause excessive eating and weight gain. A lack of sleep will increase ghrelin (hunger hormone) levels and decreases levels of leptin (the hormone that signals fullness). “Research has showed that when study participants didn’t get enough sleep for five days, they consumed more carbohydrates and gained nearly 2 pounds in that time.” USA Today
So stop sabotaging your healthy diet and rigid workout routine. Make sure you get some sleep so you can reach your goals. Think about a latex mattress if your not comfortable in bed.