Our last blog post introduced one of our valued customers, Lea Laase. Lea purchased her FloBed over a year ago. In this second episode, she explains the research she went through to find the right type of mattress for her and her husband. In addition, Lea elaborates on the features of the FloBed Mattresses that really sold her. We hope that this customer story can help you in your search for a new mattress. Next week will be the final episode of Lea’s Customer Review Mini Series.
Finding a new mattress can be an arduous task. We all know the drill- you enter a mattress store, work with a pushy salesman and leave with a mattress you don’t want.
Here at FloBeds we like to do things a little differently. We educate customers about our latex mattresses, find the one that fits them best, guarantee a 100-night test rest and work with them to make any changes they may need.
Over the next few weeks, we will release videos about one customer’s experience with FloBeds. Many customers call into our shop or stop by and have similar stories to the one Lea Laase’s is sharing in the video below:
Here are some pointers on how the right bedroom setup can help you sleep better. Check these tips off your list and your will be on your way to dreamland in no time.
- A custom mattress: Many people sleep on mattresses that are too firm or too soft. FloBeds can be customized, so your mattress can fit your body and sleeping habits just right. Our latex mattresses are extremely supportive and the layers in the mattresses can be switched around to achieve different firmnesses.
- The right height frame: Make sure it isn’t too difficult to get in and out of bed because of your bed frame height. Even the rules of Funghi suggest you pay attention to the height of your frame. FloBeds offers various height legs so you can find the best one that fit your needs.
- The right sleep temperature: Research shows that your bedroom should be between 60-67 degrees Fahrenheit. Invest in a smart thermostat to make sure your room is the right temperature.
- The right humidity: “Extreme weather conditions impact our mood, our health, and can even our sleep. When the air has a high humidity concentration, we feel hot and sweaty – which means uncomfortable sleep. When the air is too dry, on the other end, our skin, eye and nasal passages dry out which is also uncomfortable.”-Huff Post According to the National Sleep Foundation your room should always be at 50% humidity.
“We received our latex bed in early October due to a recommendation of a friend. About two weeks later, we were lucky enough to find out our second kid is on the way come June 8. My wife spent her first pregnancy on a 15 year old mattress and didn’t sleep well. This pregnancy she is sleeping better and more soundly, even with our 3 year old daughter in the bed with us. It is amazing how less movement transfer there is between sides of the bed and the latex support is “awesome” for the wife. We’re looking forward to the next 20 years of sound sleeping. I’m so enamored that when the kids get old enough I might need to buy them latex beds themselves.” –KENT D WEDEMEYER
FloBed mattresses are great for women who are pregnant because they are adjustable. As a mother progresses through each trimester, she can switch around the layers on her side of the mattress. This will ensure that she gets the support she needs throughout her pregnancy.
Big & Tall Performance Organic Mattresses
Our Organic Big & Tall Performance Latex Mattresses feature premium 100% Natural Talalay latex inside a luxurious organic euro knit cotton quilted to organic wool. Our multi-layer latex cores accommodate the firmness needs of each individual sleeper by allowing each of you to choose your own firmness combinations. The Big & Tall Performance Mattress adds an organic sateen encased wool over horsehair layer on top for the ultimate in sleeping cool.
Choose from three different options:
- Organic Natural Big & Tall Mattress– 13 inches of adjustable firmness to provide durable support while guaranteeing the comfort your body needs. The Big & Tall Mattress adds the sleep cool features of horsehair.
- Organic Natural Big & Tall Performance– this 16-inch zComfort features an extra 3 inches of latex the added sleep cool features of horsehair and coconut fiber.
- Organic Natural Big & Tall vZone– 16 inches of Top-to-Bottom, Side-to-Side and Head-to-Toe adjustable zoning for relief at hips and shoulders plus lumbar support.
“You snooze you loose.”
“I’ll sleep when I’m dead.”
It is time to change the way our culture looks at sleep.
Golden State Warriors are amidst another championship run and the 2015 Finals MVP Andre Iguodala sat down to speak with Arianna Huffington, the author of Sleep Revolution. He states that research showed, “Getting enough sleep directly affected my 3 point percentage which doubled, my free throw percentage was up 30%-40%, my turnovers were way down, I got more steals.”
Andre’s Bedtime Routine is essential to getting better sleep. His routine is as follows:
- 10:30 settled down in bed with a book
- Meditation with breathing exercises
- Turning the temperature down in the room
- No TV in the bedroom
- Legs and head are elevated appropriately
Andrea has been able to balance sleep and work to live a healthy and successful life. Think about changes you can make to your bedtime routine to be able to lead a better life.
To learn more about the MVP’s sleeping habits watch the video featured in the Time article by clicking here.
The Sleep Revolution, written by Arianna Huffington, is a great read for anyone looking to be more successful in life. As she explains in the interview video below, there are many reasons we need to reevaluate the importance of sleep in our lives.
- When you are well rested you are less likely to dwell on mistakes and more mentally capable of moving forward.
- Lack of sleep has been linked to obesity, diabetes, cancer, hypertension, and Alzheimer’s.
- Insufficient sleep leads suppressed immune system and sickness.
We stopped valuing sleep during the first industrial revolution. Society believed humans could work like machines, but the truth is we cannot. Tink about the role sleep plays in your life and where if falls on your priority list. It’s time to move sleep closer to the top of that list.
I have been waiting to write to you about the bed I bought back in October 2015. I wanted to make sure it wasn’t a fluke. First, Dewey was great walking me through and helping me pick the layers to best suit my sleeping needs. Second, being a single woman I was amazed at the ease of getting the bed delivered to my front door, me getting the sections upstairs, and assembling it in the bedroom. Third, and most incredible–I am so comfortable! I sleep soundly all night! I am in love with my FloBed! It has exceeded my expectations, my back no longer hurts or aches. I am so happy and grateful.
Meditation is a great solution to getting a racing mind to slow down at bedtime. Although meditation is great at any point during the day, it is great for fighting fatigue and insomnia. Meditation is the practice of quieting the voice in your head and this, “creates physiological changes that are similar to those that happen in your body during the early phases of sleep.” There are guided meditations that would really help during this process. Take a look at the app Headspace to get started with guided meditation. Quiet your mind, relax, and fall asleep faster with meditation.
Do you know what your child is sleeping on? Well if your child is sleeping on a FloBeds Kids Beds: Crib Mattress – Student Mattress here is what you can expect:
Your child is sleeping on
- Organic Cotton where it counts most…next to your body. You spend all day in a harsh world. Retreat to a natural bed covered with organic cotton for a true safe haven. Cotton, the original sustainable fabric, grown and processed without chemicals.
- You can be confident that the wool in our luxurious mattress cover is chemical free. NO chemicals or acids are used in the production or processing of organic wool. The sheep are not dipped or treated with any pesticides or herbicides.
- Latex is naturally hypo-allergenic, anti-microbial (Bacteria, mold and mildew cannot live in latex) and dust mite resistant (tests prove latex is 3 times more resistant to dust mites than a traditional mattress) making it the perfect mattress material for allergy sufferers or anyone interested in breathing fresh, clean air while they sleep.
When you want to make sure your baby is sleeping on pure nature: Organic Cotton quilted to Organic Wool surrounding 100% Natural Latex. Our Student Mattress is the ultimate in good stewardship. Good for your student…good for our environment!