Have you noticed someone new answering the phone at FloBeds? That is the one and only Paul. He started a few months ago and has become an important part of our team. We interviewed Paul so you can get to know him better:
Q: What do you like about working at FloBeds?
A: I love the atmosphere! When I first started working here I repeatedly asked myself, “What are you doing here pal? You are not a salesman. You hate talking people into anything!” But I soon realized the awesome family aka management, puts no pressure into selling beds. The product is so good it sells itself! All I do is provide service and information, I love it. The office is completely open with all the desks facing each other, whenever I have a question or when someone needs anything we just vocally launch it across the room and answers come flying back. On a typical day we get to hang out and share thoughts about basketball and other tough guy things, while working of course ^_^, oh and there is always nice upbeat music playing.
Q: What is your ideal FloBed model and firmness setup?
A: I am currently sleeping on an Eastern King Deluxe Latex Mattress placed on the Euro Slat Foundation, with the cores setup as medium over firm on top of extra firm. I literally dream about this bed while sleeping on it. I am juggling three jobs and the feeling I get when I come home and melt into this mattress is indescribable. <—- did not mean to sound like an ad.. its just awesome!
Q: Do you prefer Natural or Blended Latex?
A: I tried but I really can’t tell the difference. My bed at home is blended latex and I have taken quite a few quality control office naps on our 100% natural latex version. I have come to the conclusion that more office naps will be required for final judgement.
Q: What do you like about speaking with FloBeds’ customers?
A: I like taking care of people, and I love that everyone who calls in is calling for the same exact reason; they are looking for that good melt into your mattress sleep, and I have been given the tools to help them make it happen. BRING IT ON FRIENDS!!!
FloBeds is proud to craft beds for some very talented athletes. Everyone deserves a good night’s sleep, and that can be especially hard for athletes. That is what we are here for! Here is what snowboarder Hannah Teter thinks about FloBeds:
“I could not be more happy about my FloBed… it provides everything that I‘ve ever been looking for, from comfort to recovery. It is so important to sleep on a healthy Organic bed that can give you more than just a good night’s sleep, but also a restored body upon awakening. I wish that I could pack this bed in my bag and bring it everywhere with me!” -Hannah Teter
4-Star–We bought a “latex” mattress about 9 years ago. It started to sag so we went
mattress shopping. We tried 4 different high end models and none were
soft/supportive enough! My hubby found this site and we ordered firm soft
soft for him and firm medium soft for me. Perfect! We are currently using our
old box springs but are looking forward to upgrading to the slat base. We
want to eventually put these in our guest rooms as well! We love them!!!
Not everybody wakes up each day ready to conquer the world at the first sound of their alarm. If you have ever said to anyone, “I’m not a morning person.” Take a look at some of the suggestions below and give one or some of them a try and let’s see how you begin to feel about your mornings!
1) Down a Tall Glass of Water: You were just asleep but your body was still working, you are most likely dehydrated. Get yourself back on track.
2) Wake up earlier: By setting your alarm 15 minutes earlier, when it goes off, you will not have to get up and rush to get ready. You can take a moment to gather yourself, move at a more comfortable pace and be ready to go before it is time to go!
3) Set 5 Minutes Aside: Give yourself time to just think. Layout your plan for the day, do so with some music on, sitting outside getting some fresh air and take that moment for yourself to center you for the day.
4) Remove Choices From Your Morning: If you want to enjoy all your morning has to offer, make it habitual. By creating a routine, you will make each morning feel smoother, and they will become simple. In addition to that, you should make decisions the night before: what you will wear, plan out your route to work, what you plan to have for breakfast, etc.
5) Remove Screens: Typically now, your smartphone is how you wake up, you have notifications already from your Facebook, Work email, text messages, etc. You are already overwhelmed, and you just opened your eyes. Give yourself time to get through your morning routine before you interact with your phone, tablet or computer
Our Natural Talalay Mattresses feature premium 100% Natural Latex latex inside a luxurious organic euro knit cotton quilted to organic wool for a chemical free latex mattress. Our multi-layer latex cores accommodate the firmness needs of each individual sleeper by allowing each of you to choose your own firmness combinations.
Test out the Select Latex Mattress, which features top to bottom and side to side construction with a 2 layer latex core and a choice of 13 personal firmness variations FOR EACH SLEEPER.
Or there is the Deluxe Latex Mattress, which has an additional core layer of premium Natural Talalay latex. Our 3-layer-core Deluxe provides an extra layer of comfort, with more firmness personalization and flexibility to accommodate a wider range of body types…for bodies x-tra small to x-tra large.
Our most popular option is the vZone Mattress. In addition to the top to bottom & side to side customization of our Select & Deluxe models, the vZone features head to toe adjustable zoning to provide pressure point relief for hips and shoulders as well as additional lumbar support. With the Natural vZone, your mattress is customized and adjustable in every direction!
Try our Mattress Selector to calculate your individual recommendation, or call us to help you find your perfect night’s sleep.
Many customers call our shop trying to find out where they can try a FloBeds Latex Mattress. Although we must tell them that our only showroom is in the beautiful town of Fort Bragg CA, we do inform customers that 90% of our sales are done online. If you are interested in taking a trip to our amazing coast we would love to see you in person. We have people who come to see us from all over the U.S. However, if you cannot make it up here, do not worry! We will ship you your mattress and you will have 100 nights to test it out. That is even better then just testing it for an hour in our showroom!
Here are three easy tips that will get you closer to sleeping in a natural environment:
- Sleep on our 100% Natural Talalay Latex Mattress. Derived from the hevea brasiliensis, or rubber tree, latex has natural qualities that simply make it the PERFECT MATTRESS MATERIAL. 100% Natural Latex provides the best comfort and support for your individual sleep needs AND consumer peace-of-mind. Good for you…good for the our environment!
- Use our 100% Natural Twice Fluffed Latex Pillows
- Make sure your mattress is on our foundation. It all starts with a good foundation. Our Euro Slat, Fir Slat and Pine Slat Foundations take the place of a traditional box spring set, but are built like a house. Natural wood, no harmful chemicals.
“Purchasing our FloBed five years ago has by far been one of the best investments we have ever made. I look forward to coming to bed every night because my side of the bed was customized to me! It is the most comfortable bed I have ever had! Thank you to the Turner family for all of your help!!!!”
Thanks for the Yelp review Amy. We love seeing your reviews and understanding how our FloBeds have helped you sleep better. Stop by our Yelp page and let us know how your FloBed is doing.
We look forward to hearing from you!
It always seemed like my parents had a better mattress than me. Well, FloBed parents do not make the same mistake. Here is some great news: we sell a version of your mattress that is perfect for your kids!
The Student Mattress features two layers of Talalay Latex to make a 6″ mattress. We use our same Euro Stretch knit organic cotton that we use in all our mattresses. For students we quilted needled wool on all sides to provide a cool Tite-Top surface that breathes and wicks away moisture. And since wool is naturally fire resistant, we don’t have to add chemicals or artificial barriers to meet the Federal Flame Resistant Standard. We use blems, minor defects or laminated cores to create the highly affordable Student Mattress. Per special request, we can make a student mattress out of first quality cores for $100 more.
No more excuses. Nothing but bright-eyed and bushy-tailed smiling students every morning. Ok, maybe we won’t guarantee that, but you know we can guarantee the rest you & your students need!
FloBeds has been using UPS to send our beds across the U.S. for years. The FloBeds Sleep System comes via UPS ready to place in your room and sleep. Just 8 wing-nuts and a zipper is all the assembly required. Our Smart Packaging saves natural resources (cardboard/trees and fuel). The FloBeds Manufacturer Direct to you business model further saves fuel and lessens your carbon footprint. A FloBeds Mattress & Foundation comes in 4 Cartons with waist high handles.
Once it arrives at your steps our FloBed is pretty easy to put together. See the video below for the step by step process: