This Sunday, November 1st, we will all be setting our clocks back an hour. The week following the time change always seemes a little challenging. There are some easy tips you can follow the week before to try to ease into the time change.
- Don’s Stay Up Late- “One of the biggest mistakes that people make … is staying up later and thinking that they’re going to get an extra hour of sleep,” Dr. Rosen. Your body is going to want to wake up earlier the next day so do not count on getting an extra hour of sleep.
- Set Your Clock Back Early- Set your clock back one hour a week before the change to get a jumpstart on changing your body clock.
- Take Your Time- “If you work a non-traditional schedule, or have a little extra time in the morning, it might ease the transition if you go to sleep and wake up 10-15 minutes later each day the week before the time change,” says Dr. Rosen
The holiday season is beginning this week as we celebrate Halloween. That means Thanksgiving and Christmas are right around the corner. Holidays are filled with full days of family fun, so make sure you get a good night’s rest. Just because you are going to be away from your FloBed for a few nights does not mean you should toss and turn all night. As you look into hotels for your travels consider some of the best hotels for sleep:
Hotel Saint Cecilia
Starwood Hotels & Resorts
Hilton Hotels and Resorts
Take a look at the Huffington Post article for more details and hotel options.
Our Natural Talalay Mattresses feature premium 100% Natural Latex latex inside a luxurious organic euro knit cotton quilted to organic wool for a chemical free latex mattress. Our multi-layer latex cores accommodate the firmness needs of each individual sleeper by allowing each of you to choose your own firmness combinations.
Test out the Select Latex Mattress, which features top to bottom and side to side construction with a 2 layer latex core and a choice of 13 personal firmness variations FOR EACH SLEEPER.
Or there is the Deluxe Latex Mattress, which has an additional core layer of premium Natural Talalay latex. Our 3-layer-core Deluxe provides an extra layer of comfort, with more firmness personalization and flexibility to accommodate a wider range of body types…for bodies x-tra small to x-tra large.
Our most popular option is the vZone Mattress. In addition to the top to bottom & side to side customization of our Select & Deluxe models, the vZone features head to toe adjustable zoning to provide pressure point relief for hips and shoulders as well as additional lumbar support. With the Natural vZone, your mattress is customized and adjustable in every direction!
Try our Mattress Selector to calculate your individual recommendation, or call us to help you find your perfect night’s sleep.
Many customers call our shop trying to find out where they can try a FloBeds Latex Mattress. Although we must tell them that our only showroom is in the beautiful town of Fort Bragg CA, we do inform customers that 90% of our sales are done online. If you are interested in taking a trip to our amazing coast we would love to see you in person. We have people who come to see us from all over the U.S. However, if you cannot make it up here, do not worry! We will ship you your mattress and you will have 100 nights to test it out. That is even better then just testing it for an hour in our showroom!
- Sleep on our 100% Natural Talalay Latex Mattress. Derived from the hevea brasiliensis, or rubber tree, latex has natural qualities that simply make it the PERFECT MATTRESS MATERIAL. 100% Natural Latex provides the best comfort and support for your individual sleep needs AND consumer peace-of-mind. Good for you…good for the our environment!
- Use our 100% Natural Twice Fluffed Latex Pillows
- Make sure your mattress is on our foundation. It all starts with a good foundation. Our Euro Slat, Fir Slat and Pine Slat Foundations take the place of a traditional box spring set, but are built like a house. Natural wood, no harmful chemicals.
Fact: The Golden State Warriors’ Andre Iguodala puts sleep first.
The Golden State Warriors’ Andre Iguodala has a, “…newfound devotion to analyzing and refining his sleeping habits.” (Huffpost Sports) He has spent the last few years prioritizing his favorite TV shows over sleep, but that has now changed. He received specific directions on how to improve his bedtime habits from an expert at Stanford University. The Steps include:
- No cell phone or computer in the bedroom after 11:15 pm
- Breathing exercises
Getting more rest improves exhaustion levels, decreasing injury risk and improving shooting performance. A study showed that Iguodala, “…exhibited a 29 percent gain in points per minute and a 37 percent drop in turnovers per game when he slept an adequate number of hours.”
If more sleep helped Iguodala win a MVP title and Championship, imagine what it can do for you.
“Purchasing our FloBed five years ago has by far been one of the best investments we have ever made. I look forward to coming to bed every night because my side of the bed was customized to me! It is the most comfortable bed I have ever had! Thank you to the Turner family for all of your help!!!!”
Thanks for the Yelp review Amy. We love seeing your reviews and understanding how our FloBeds have helped you sleep better. Stop by our Yelp page and let us know how your FloBed is doing.
We look forward to hearing from you!