Our covers unzip, so you can easily hang your mattress top in the sun. We suggest sunning your mattress-top a couple of times a year. Sunning will kill dust mites. Latex and visco-elastic are both dust mite resistant. If you suffer from severe allergies, with the top off, you can vacuum the inside top of your mattress components to remove allergens. That, combined with your sunned mattress top will provide you with cleanest and most comfortable mattress possible.
Your mattress cover may be spot washed with cold water and mild soap. It should be line dried.
Do not machine wash.
Do not put in dryer.
You can also purchase a quality mattress protector that will provide air flow and mattress protection. Our 100% Cotton, inside as well as out, fills the bill. We also offer the St. Dormeir Wool Mattress Pad which can be machine washed.
Years ago I read “Cradle to Cradle: Remaking the Way We Make Things“.
It made so much sense. We began applying the cradle-to-cradle philosophy to FloBeds and we never looked back.
The concept is simple yet powerful. The Cradle to Cradle standard is a multi-attribute, continuous improvement methodology that provides a path to manufacturing healthy and sustainable products for our world.
We source every component that goes into our Organic Natural FloBed line to be sure they are:
1) serviceable, adjustable and reusable
2) all natural and as chemical free as possible
4) sustainably produced
I am pleased to report that our Natural Talalay Latex is certified by the Cradle to Cradle Products Innovation Institute.
And now our Talalay Latex is certified Gold!
See more of Flobeds’ Blog
The team behind the new sleep app called Sleep Cycle has been gathering information on how Americans have been sleeping. According to their findings, January was the least stressful time of year. As the chart below says, “New Year. No Stress! January is the month with the least stress recorded for both men and women.”
“My husband and I spent two years researching and trying out organic and all natural mattresses from manufacturers such as OMI, Savvy Rest, and Hastens before deciding on a Flobeds mattress. We took a road trip to Fort Bragg just to try out the talalay latex mattress and we could not be happier with our purchase.
My husband is a rotating shift worker and a good night’s sleep is extremely important. When our Costco latex mattress started to sag in the middle after only a few years we decided it was time to upgrade to a mattress with a longer life and better support. When I read the research on the chemicals used in cheap latex mattresses and the off-gassing that occurs with chemically stabilized talalay latex I quickly became convinced of the need for an all-natural and organic alternative. I also spent a lot of time comparing Dunlop latex vs. talalay latex mattresses and was reassured to learn that the process Flobeds uses to create their talalay latex is all natural without any chemicals used to stabilize the latex. There is no question that Flobeds is offering a top-of-the-line quality product at a significant discount than their competitors.
Following over an hour of extensive showroom research we decided that a Z-Zone talalay latex mattress was the right fit for us (v-zone over firm over extra firm). We also bought the euro slat foundation and like the flexible support if offers. The bed shipped in a week and was easy to assemble as per the instructions and online video.
What should really be noted is the exceptional level of customer service. Our salesperson, Dewey, was incredibly knowledgeable and helpful and his father Dave was also a delight to work with. We both love the sleep firmness guarantee and plan on buying a medium or soft layer to accommodate a possibly pregnancy in the next few years.
This was a major purchase for us and we really felt more comfortable dealing with a company that will stand behind our mattress. With over 33 years in the business, Flobeds is obviously leading the industry in quality and customer service. ”
Customers often ask where the “Flo” in FloBeds comes from. Well, Dave Turner started FloCare many years ago. FloCare sold waterbeds, or flotation sleep systems. Although we have moved to latex only mattresses we kept our name FloBeds.
Here are 3 reasons you should hop off the couch and jump back in your bed:
1. Your couch does not support your body. On your mattress, you can sleep in whatever position you prefer. That means you are more likely to rest in proper natural alignment. A soft and narrow couch will not provide the correct alignment.
2. Your couch will conduct heat differently than your mattress. The FloBeds mattress is made with airflow in mind. Your couch is made with different materials, that is why you may feel too warm or too cool while sleeping on it.
3. The TV in front of your couch will keep you from getting rest. Sleeping on the couch makes it easier to fall into the trap of missing your bedtime because of TV binge watching. In addition, the blue light that the TV emits makes it is harder to fall asleep if you watch TV too close to bedtime.
Happy Friday! Here is our fun fact for this Friday:
In 2010 FloBeds made a record-setting dog bed of the same all-natural materials we use in our organic natural latex mattresses. That means it was not only the world’s biggest dog bed, but the most comfortable and most eco-friendly!
• Pure organic Plein-Air Wool® fiber used in bedding materials promotes maximum air-flow around your body, and provides natural moisture- wicking to help you sleep cool and dry.
• NO chemicals or acids are used in the production or processing of organic wool. The sheep are not dipped or treated with any pesticides or herbicides.
• The organic wool fleece used in our mattress covers is washed with pure fresh water and baking soda – no additives – preserving the natural lanolin content and a skin friendly pH value of 7.5.
• Organic wool also provides chemical-free fire resistance!
• Wool’s natural absorbency offers another distinct advantage. Because of its extraordinary ability to hold moisture, wool fiber is inherently flame-resistant.