February 7th, 2016
At FloBeds we pride ourselves in selling latex mattresses specifically. We believe latex is the solution to all of your uncomfortable and restless nights. According to the ErgoCheck system (pictured below) a latex mattress distributes pressure more evenly than even the most expensive innerspring mattress. The ErgoCheck system is a measuring pad with 648 individual pressure sensors distributed across the testing surface. It shows the physical pressure between the body and mattress to determine pressure points.
Tests have demonstrated that areas with pressure measuring above 32 millimeters of mercury (shown in dark blue) will inhibit blood circulation and cause muscle ache and tossing and turning.
So even science shows you that a Latex mattress is your solution to a better nights sleep.
January 23rd, 2016
“We’ve had the FloBed about 6 months now and love it! We were both experiencing morning back pain with our previous pillow top mattress. After researching the qualities of latex mattresses we decided to try it. We were very impressed with the ability to create your own firmness levels to match your body type and preferences. Very easy to put together and the best news – no more back pain!”
To read more reviews please take a look at our reviews page. If you are interested in learning more about purchasing a FloBed, our helpful staff would love to assist you. To speak with our knowledgeable firmness experts please call 1800-356-2337. We are open Monday-Friday from 8 am-5pm and Saturday from 10am-5pm. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org with any inquiries. We look forward to hearing from you!
January 21st, 2016
You don’t have to dread moving your mattress any longer! FloBeds are made up of multiple parts so you can move your mattress piece by piece.
Here are the instructions for shrinking latex cores:
- Fold the core in thirds and place in larger plastic bag.
- Use vacuum to shrink it down to small bag size.
- Slide it into smaller bag.
January 21st, 2016
Have you noticed someone new answering the phone at FloBeds? That is the one and only Paul. He started a few months ago and has become an important part of our team. We interviewed Paul so you can get to know him better:
Q: What do you like about working at FloBeds?
A: I love the atmosphere! When I first started working here I repeatedly asked myself, “What are you doing here pal? You are not a salesman. You hate talking people into anything!” But I soon realized the awesome family aka management, puts no pressure into selling beds. The product is so good it sells itself! All I do is provide service and information, I love it. The office is completely open with all the desks facing each other, whenever I have a question or when someone needs anything we just vocally launch it across the room and answers come flying back. On a typical day we get to hang out and share thoughts about basketball and other tough guy things, while working of course ^_^, oh and there is always nice upbeat music playing.
Q: What is your ideal FloBed model and firmness setup?
A: I am currently sleeping on an Eastern King Deluxe placed on the Euro Slat Foundation, with the cores setup as medium over firm on top of extra firm. I literally dream about this bed while sleeping on it. I am juggling three jobs and the feeling I get when I come home and melt into this mattress is indescribable. <—- did not mean to sound like an ad.. its just awesome!
Q: Do you prefer Natural or Blended Latex?
A: I tried but I really can’t tell the difference. My bed at home is blended latex and I have taken quite a few quality control office naps on our 100% natural version. I have come to the conclusion that more office naps will be required for final judgement.
Q: What do you like about speaking with FloBeds’ customers?
A: I like taking care of people, and I love that everyone who calls in is calling for the same exact reason; they are looking for that good melt into your mattress sleep, and I have been given the tools to help them make it happen. BRING IT ON FRIENDS!!!
December 23rd, 2015
Whether you are snuggled up in your FloBed this Christmas Eve or waiting by the chimney for Santa, we hope you have an evening filled with Christmas cheer. It has been a busy few weeks here at FloBeds as folks placed their Christmas orders. We are so excited to enjoy the holidays with our family and friends, and hope you are doing the same. Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!
December 7th, 2015
Our cover provide a soft and plush surface for you to rest your body on after a long day. The Cotton Euro Knit quilted to wool on all six sides makes a FloBed different than the other latex mattresses out there. Our wool is Pure organic Plein-Air Wool® fiber used to promote maximum airflow around your body, and provide natural moisture- wicking. . We don’t use any poly-foam in our covers because it breaks down in 4 or 5 years, it sucks in dust and moisture, and it doesn’t breath. We don’t use a pillow-top in our beds. The cover should not interfere with the pressure relief and core support of the components beneath.
Since our covers are made with wool it is extremely important to remember that our covers are not machine washable. We do suggest hanging covers out in the sun 1-2 times per year. We also suggest the very popular St. Dormeir Wool Mattress Protector. This mattress protector is completely machine washable. Breathability keeps you cool in the summer, and cozy in the winter, and it lasts years longer than polyester.
October 28th, 2015
Not everybody wakes up each day ready to conquer the world at the first sound of their alarm. If you have ever said to anyone, “I’m not a morning person.” Take a look at some of the suggestions below and give one or some of them a try and let’s see how you begin to feel about your mornings!
1) Down a Tall Glass of Water: You were just asleep but your body was still working, you are most likely dehydrated. Get yourself back on track.
2) Wake up earlier: By setting your alarm 15 minutes earlier, when it goes off, you will not have to get up and rush to get ready. You can take a moment to gather yourself, move at a more comfortable pace and be ready to go before it is time to go!
3) Set 5 Minutes Aside: Give yourself time to just think. Layout your plan for the day, do so with some music on, sitting outside getting some fresh air and take that moment for yourself to center you for the day.
4) Remove Choices From Your Morning: If you want to enjoy all your morning has to offer, make it habitual. By creating a routine, you will make each morning feel smoother, and they will become simple. In addition to that, you should make decisions the night before: what you will wear, plan out your route to work, what you plan to have for breakfast, etc.
5) Remove Screens: Typically now, your smartphone is how you wake up, you have notifications already from your Facebook, Work email, text messages, etc. You are already overwhelmed, and you just opened your eyes. Give yourself time to get through your morning routine before you interact with your phone, tablet or computer
October 26th, 2015
This Sunday, November 1st, we will all be setting our clocks back an hour. The week following the time change always seemes a little challenging. There are some easy tips you can follow the week before to try to ease into the time change.
- Don’s Stay Up Late- “One of the biggest mistakes that people make … is staying up later and thinking that they’re going to get an extra hour of sleep,” Dr. Rosen. Your body is going to want to wake up earlier the next day so do not count on getting an extra hour of sleep.
- Set Your Clock Back Early- Set your clock back one hour a week before the change to get a jumpstart on changing your body clock.
- Take Your Time- “If you work a non-traditional schedule, or have a little extra time in the morning, it might ease the transition if you go to sleep and wake up 10-15 minutes later each day the week before the time change,” says Dr. Rosen
October 25th, 2015
Our Organic Mattresses feature premium 100% Natural Talalay latex inside a luxurious organic euro knit cotton quilted to organic wool for a chemical free mattress. Our multi-layer latex cores accommodate the firmness needs of each individual sleeper by allowing each of you to choose your own firmness combinations.
Test out the Select Latex Mattress, which features top to bottom and side to side construction with a 2 layer latex core and a choice of 13 personal firmness variations FOR EACH SLEEPER.
Or there is the Deluxe Latex Mattress, which has an additional core layer of premium Natural Talalay latex. Our 3-layer-core Deluxe provides an extra layer of comfort, with more firmness personalization and flexibility to accommodate a wider range of body types…for bodies x-tra small to x-tra large.
Our most popular option is the vZone Mattress. In addition to the top to bottom & side to side customization of our Select & Deluxe models, the vZone features head to toe adjustable zoning to provide pressure point relief for hips and shoulders as well as additional lumbar support. With the Organic Natural vZone, your mattress is customized and adjustable in every direction!
Try our Mattress Selector to calculate your individual recommendation, or call us to help you find your perfect night’s sleep.
October 12th, 2015
Many customers call our shop trying to find out where they can try a FloBeds Latex Mattress. Although we must tell them that our only showroom is in the beautiful town of Fort Bragg CA, we do inform customers that 90% of our sales are done online. If you are interested in taking a trip to our amazing coast we would love to see you in person. We have people who come to see us from all over the U.S. However, if you cannot make it up here, do not worry! We will ship you your mattress and you will have 100 nights to test it out. That is even better then just testing it for an hour in our showroom!