November 27th, 2015
Which firmness is right for you?
“We’ve had the FloBed about 6 months now and love it! We were both experiencing morning back pain with our previous pillow top mattress. After researching the qualities of latex mattresses we decided to try it. We were very impressed with the ability to create your own firmness levels to match your body type and preferences. Very easy to put together and the best news – no more back pain!”
Sometimes customers are hesitant to switch to Latex. We understand it is a big change, but if you are looking for a high-quality mattress that provides amazing support, we have the one for you. Just pick the firmness combination that is going to work best for your specific needs and get ready to start sleeping better.
November 24th, 2015
As we look back on what a great year it has been here at FloBeds, we know there is a lot to be thankful for. Everyone here continues to work hard and as a result, business is better than ever. We have recently welcomed a new employee, Paul. You might have heard his bubbly voice over the phone or maybe he greeted you in the shop. We are so excited to have Paul on our team.
Our team is ready and willing to help all of the eager holiday shoppers. Luckily you do not have to fight the crowds this weekend to get a good deal on your FloBed. We have everyday low pricing here at FloBeds, so you can get amazing prices year round. So relax and enjoy your turkey.We hope you have a Thanksgiving with your family. Remember to count your blessings!
November 2nd, 2015
4-Star–We bought a “latex” mattress about 9 years ago. It started to sag so we went
mattress shopping. We tried 4 different high end models and none were
soft/supportive enough! My hubby found this site and we ordered firm soft
soft for him and firm medium soft for me. Perfect! We are currently using our
old box springs but are looking forward to upgrading to the slat base. We
want to eventually put these in our guest rooms as well! We love them!!!
October 28th, 2015
Not everybody wakes up each day ready to conquer the world at the first sound of their alarm. If you have ever said to anyone, “I’m not a morning person.” Take a look at some of the suggestions below and give one or some of them a try and let’s see how you begin to feel about your mornings!
1) Down a Tall Glass of Water: You were just asleep but your body was still working, you are most likely dehydrated. Get yourself back on track.
2) Wake up earlier: By setting your alarm 15 minutes earlier, when it goes off, you will not have to get up and rush to get ready. You can take a moment to gather yourself, move at a more comfortable pace and be ready to go before it is time to go!
3) Set 5 Minutes Aside: Give yourself time to just think. Layout your plan for the day, do so with some music on, sitting outside getting some fresh air and take that moment for yourself to center you for the day.
4) Remove Choices From Your Morning: If you want to enjoy all your morning has to offer, make it habitual. By creating a routine, you will make each morning feel smoother, and they will become simple. In addition to that, you should make decisions the night before: what you will wear, plan out your route to work, what you plan to have for breakfast, etc.
5) Remove Screens: Typically now, your smartphone is how you wake up, you have notifications already from your Facebook, Work email, text messages, etc. You are already overwhelmed, and you just opened your eyes. Give yourself time to get through your morning routine before you interact with your phone, tablet or computer
October 26th, 2015
This Sunday, November 1st, we will all be setting our clocks back an hour. The week following the time change always seemes a little challenging. There are some easy tips you can follow the week before to try to ease into the time change.
- Don’s Stay Up Late- “One of the biggest mistakes that people make … is staying up later and thinking that they’re going to get an extra hour of sleep,” Dr. Rosen. Your body is going to want to wake up earlier the next day so do not count on getting an extra hour of sleep.
- Set Your Clock Back Early- Set your clock back one hour a week before the change to get a jumpstart on changing your body clock.
- Take Your Time- “If you work a non-traditional schedule, or have a little extra time in the morning, it might ease the transition if you go to sleep and wake up 10-15 minutes later each day the week before the time change,” says Dr. Rosen
October 25th, 2015
CHERYL ZIBISKY- HUFFINGTON POST
The holiday season is beginning this week as we celebrate Halloween. That means Thanksgiving and Christmas are right around the corner. Holidays are filled with full days of family fun, so make sure you get a good night’s rest. Just because you are going to be away from your FloBed for a few nights does not mean you should toss and turn all night. As you look into hotels for your travels consider some of the best hotels for sleep:
Hotel Saint Cecilia
Starwood Hotels & Resorts
Hilton Hotels and Resorts
Take a look at the Huffington Post article for more details and hotel options.
October 25th, 2015
Our Organic Mattresses feature premium 100% Natural Talalay latex inside a luxurious organic euro knit cotton quilted to organic wool for a chemical free mattress. Our multi-layer latex cores accommodate the firmness needs of each individual sleeper by allowing each of you to choose your own firmness combinations.
Test out the Select Latex Mattress, which features top to bottom and side to side construction with a 2 layer latex core and a choice of 13 personal firmness variations FOR EACH SLEEPER.
Or there is the Deluxe Latex Mattress, which has an additional core layer of premium Natural Talalay latex. Our 3-layer-core Deluxe provides an extra layer of comfort, with more firmness personalization and flexibility to accommodate a wider range of body types…for bodies x-tra small to x-tra large.
Our most popular option is the vZone Mattress. In addition to the top to bottom & side to side customization of our Select & Deluxe models, the vZone features head to toe adjustable zoning to provide pressure point relief for hips and shoulders as well as additional lumbar support. With the Organic Natural vZone, your mattress is customized and adjustable in every direction!
Try our Mattress Selector to calculate your individual recommendation, or call us to help you find your perfect night’s sleep.
October 12th, 2015
Many customers call our shop trying to find out where they can try a FloBeds Latex Mattress. Although we must tell them that our only showroom is in the beautiful town of Fort Bragg CA, we do inform customers that 90% of our sales are done online. If you are interested in taking a trip to our amazing coast we would love to see you in person. We have people who come to see us from all over the U.S. However, if you cannot make it up here, do not worry! We will ship you your mattress and you will have 100 nights to test it out. That is even better then just testing it for an hour in our showroom!
October 12th, 2015
Here are three easy tips that will get you closer to sleeping in a natural environment:
- Sleep on our 100% Natural Latex Mattress. Derived from the hevea brasiliensis, or rubber tree, latex has natural qualities that simply make it the PERFECT MATTRESS MATERIAL. 100% Natural Latex provides the best comfort and support for your individual sleep needs AND consumer peace-of-mind. Good for you…good for the our environment!
- Use our 100% Natural Twice Fluffed Latex Pillows
- Make sure your mattress is on our foundation. It all starts with a good foundation. Our Euro Slat, Fir Slat and Pine Slat Foundations take the place of a traditional box spring set, but are built like a house. Natural wood, no harmful chemicals.
October 6th, 2015
Photo Credit: Noah Graham Via Getty Images
Fact: The Golden State Warriors’ Andre Iguodala puts sleep first.
The Golden State Warriors’ Andre Iguodala has a, “…newfound devotion to analyzing and refining his sleeping habits.” (Huffpost Sports) He has spent the last few years prioritizing his favorite TV shows over sleep, but that has now changed. He received specific directions on how to improve his bedtime habits from an expert at Stanford University. The Steps include:
- No cell phone or computer in the bedroom after 11:15 pm
- Breathing exercises
Getting more rest improves exhaustion levels, decreasing injury risk and improving shooting performance. A study showed that Iguodala, “…exhibited a 29 percent gain in points per minute and a 37 percent drop in turnovers per game when he slept an adequate number of hours.”
If more sleep helped Iguodala win a MVP title and Championship, imagine what it can do for you.