February 7th, 2016
At FloBeds we pride ourselves in selling latex mattresses specifically. We believe latex is the solution to all of your uncomfortable and restless nights. According to the ErgoCheck system (pictured below) a latex mattress distributes pressure more evenly than even the most expensive innerspring mattress. The ErgoCheck system is a measuring pad with 648 individual pressure sensors distributed across the testing surface. It shows the physical pressure between the body and mattress to determine pressure points.
Tests have demonstrated that areas with pressure measuring above 32 millimeters of mercury (shown in dark blue) will inhibit blood circulation and cause muscle ache and tossing and turning.
So even science shows you that a Latex mattress is your solution to a better nights sleep.
January 21st, 2016
You don’t have to dread moving your mattress any longer! FloBeds are made up of multiple parts so you can move your mattress piece by piece.
Here are the instructions for shrinking latex cores:
- Fold the core in thirds and place in larger plastic bag.
- Use vacuum to shrink it down to small bag size.
- Slide it into smaller bag.
January 10th, 2016
FloBeds is proud to craft beds for some very talented athletes. Everyone deserves a good night’s sleep, and that can be especially hard for athletes. That is what we are here for! Here is what snowboarder Hannah Teter thinks about FloBeds:
“I could not be more happy about my FloBed… it provides everything that I‘ve ever been looking for, from comfort to recovery. It is so important to sleep on a healthy Organic bed that can give you more than just a good night’s sleep, but also a restored body upon awakening. I wish that I could pack this bed in my bag and bring it everywhere with me!” -Hannah Teter
December 2nd, 2015
Whether you are looking to get someone the perfect gift or researching what should be on your wish list, we are here to help. Here are the top FloBeds gift ideas we have for you:
1. The Organic Mattress
Our Organic Mattresses feature premium 100% Natural Talalay latex inside a luxurious organic euro knit cotton quilted to organic wool for a chemical free mattress. Our multi-layer latex cores accommodate the firmness needs of each individual sleeper by allowing each of you to choose your own firmness combinations. Try ourMattress Selector to calculate your individual recommendation for your perfect night’s sleep.
2. The Twice Fluffed Adjustable Pillow
Adjustable Pillow made with virgin talalay latex shredded twice for optimum loft and two organic cotton covers.
3. St. Dormir Wool Mattress Protector *Extremely Popular*
St.Dormeir Protectors are washable and made with 100% Cotton Terry covers, filled with New Zealand Wool.
4. Euro Slatt Foundation
Euro slats provide both give and rotation, constantly responding to the shifting planes of your body. Keeps your spine straight and give just the right amount of support.
Hope you were nice this year and get everything on your wish list!
November 2nd, 2015
4-Star–We bought a “latex” mattress about 9 years ago. It started to sag so we went
mattress shopping. We tried 4 different high end models and none were
soft/supportive enough! My hubby found this site and we ordered firm soft
soft for him and firm medium soft for me. Perfect! We are currently using our
old box springs but are looking forward to upgrading to the slat base. We
want to eventually put these in our guest rooms as well! We love them!!!
October 28th, 2015
Not everybody wakes up each day ready to conquer the world at the first sound of their alarm. If you have ever said to anyone, “I’m not a morning person.” Take a look at some of the suggestions below and give one or some of them a try and let’s see how you begin to feel about your mornings!
1) Down a Tall Glass of Water: You were just asleep but your body was still working, you are most likely dehydrated. Get yourself back on track.
2) Wake up earlier: By setting your alarm 15 minutes earlier, when it goes off, you will not have to get up and rush to get ready. You can take a moment to gather yourself, move at a more comfortable pace and be ready to go before it is time to go!
3) Set 5 Minutes Aside: Give yourself time to just think. Layout your plan for the day, do so with some music on, sitting outside getting some fresh air and take that moment for yourself to center you for the day.
4) Remove Choices From Your Morning: If you want to enjoy all your morning has to offer, make it habitual. By creating a routine, you will make each morning feel smoother, and they will become simple. In addition to that, you should make decisions the night before: what you will wear, plan out your route to work, what you plan to have for breakfast, etc.
5) Remove Screens: Typically now, your smartphone is how you wake up, you have notifications already from your Facebook, Work email, text messages, etc. You are already overwhelmed, and you just opened your eyes. Give yourself time to get through your morning routine before you interact with your phone, tablet or computer
October 25th, 2015
Our Organic Mattresses feature premium 100% Natural Talalay latex inside a luxurious organic euro knit cotton quilted to organic wool for a chemical free mattress. Our multi-layer latex cores accommodate the firmness needs of each individual sleeper by allowing each of you to choose your own firmness combinations.
Test out the Select Latex Mattress, which features top to bottom and side to side construction with a 2 layer latex core and a choice of 13 personal firmness variations FOR EACH SLEEPER.
Or there is the Deluxe Latex Mattress, which has an additional core layer of premium Natural Talalay latex. Our 3-layer-core Deluxe provides an extra layer of comfort, with more firmness personalization and flexibility to accommodate a wider range of body types…for bodies x-tra small to x-tra large.
Our most popular option is the vZone Mattress. In addition to the top to bottom & side to side customization of our Select & Deluxe models, the vZone features head to toe adjustable zoning to provide pressure point relief for hips and shoulders as well as additional lumbar support. With the Organic Natural vZone, your mattress is customized and adjustable in every direction!
Try our Mattress Selector to calculate your individual recommendation, or call us to help you find your perfect night’s sleep.
October 12th, 2015
Many customers call our shop trying to find out where they can try a FloBeds Latex Mattress. Although we must tell them that our only showroom is in the beautiful town of Fort Bragg CA, we do inform customers that 90% of our sales are done online. If you are interested in taking a trip to our amazing coast we would love to see you in person. We have people who come to see us from all over the U.S. However, if you cannot make it up here, do not worry! We will ship you your mattress and you will have 100 nights to test it out. That is even better then just testing it for an hour in our showroom!
October 12th, 2015
Here are three easy tips that will get you closer to sleeping in a natural environment:
- Sleep on our 100% Natural Latex Mattress. Derived from the hevea brasiliensis, or rubber tree, latex has natural qualities that simply make it the PERFECT MATTRESS MATERIAL. 100% Natural Latex provides the best comfort and support for your individual sleep needs AND consumer peace-of-mind. Good for you…good for the our environment!
- Use our 100% Natural Twice Fluffed Latex Pillows
- Make sure your mattress is on our foundation. It all starts with a good foundation. Our Euro Slat, Fir Slat and Pine Slat Foundations take the place of a traditional box spring set, but are built like a house. Natural wood, no harmful chemicals.
October 6th, 2015
“Purchasing our FloBed five years ago has by far been one of the best investments we have ever made. I look forward to coming to bed every night because my side of the bed was customized to me! It is the most comfortable bed I have ever had! Thank you to the Turner family for all of your help!!!!”
Thanks for the Yelp review Amy. We love seeing your reviews and understanding how our FloBeds have helped you sleep better. Stop by our Yelp page and let us know how your FloBed is doing.
We look forward to hearing from you!